Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lead By Example

um soo... wow i am kind of stumped right now on what to say for this week. I feel like it's been crazy! Mostly what i have been doing is trying to be the best example I can be to my district in studying hard and staying on task. I have come to gain a testimony that missionary work is the greatest work on the earth and that satan will do everything he can to try and destroy it. One way is by making missionaries distracted! It is super easy to get distracted and lose focus and what your purpose is. Satan is just waking for us to look his way and if we are not strictly obedient he will take advantage of that. D and C 10:5 pray always that may come off conquerer! daily prayer is super important in our lives and gives us the strength to overcome satan's temptations. Another important thing I have been learning this week is the importance of knowing the doctrine of christ which is being cleansed through christ, fatih, repentance, baptism and enduring to the end. The greatest gift that god gives us is eternal life. what is eternal life? John 17:3 eternal life is knowing the master and and if we don't have a very strong relationship with him now then eternal life won't really be the greatest gift. i know that the lord loves everyone of us and he knows us individually but we have to come to know him and find strength, light, knowledge, and comfort. We should always be studying the savior's life and trying to become more like him. I thought I was doing pretty good with charity and patience but I still have a long ways to go! it is easy to get down on ourselves for all the weaknesses we have but if we are trying our best we have every reason to rejoice and be happy and know that heavenly father will help what we can not do. We must have hope which is like our goal and then once we have hope we need faith which is our plan to reach our goal. We should always be making sure our plans are in accordance to god's will and that we are on the path that he wants us to be on. He will never lead us astray! Okay so my headaches are a lot better! Who would have thought that physical therapy would help that! Apparently I have been putting too much strain on my neck! yeah for studying too hard!! so anyway I'm doing some shock therapy thing and exercises that have been helping so much! i am actually almost on my way to my next appointment! Rachel thank you for that song! it was the best and I seriously want to hear more from you. and seriously write the elder back in my district soon! thanks love you:)

1 comment: