Thursday, September 13, 2012

Where Can I Turn For Peace

So it is crazy to me how long I have been here. It feels like I have been here all my life but at the same time it feels like I just got here yesterday. It starting to get really frustrating being stuck in the same room all day everyday but I have found that if i study hard, then time goes by really quick. The MOST frustrating thing I have been dealing with lately is how the elderes y hermanas in my district get so easily distracted and don't do what they are supposed to be doing. I often find myself sitting in the hallway and studying because they are too obnoxious and off topic (i still love them all though) I just feel like I care more about what I am doing. we are on the lord's time here and i understand goofing around a little but not a lot! I have been praying for a lot of charity and patience though and it has definitely been working. So fortunately I am not sick anymore (i think) but for almost two weeks I have had a constant headache that makes me light headed, nauseous, and dizzy. My headache also causes my stomach to hurt! no bueno! anyway i went to the doctor yesterday and he just said i have a bad case of an ongoing headache so he thought it was best to give me a shot! It was called imitrex or sumatuiptan? something like that and he told me that i might feel warm, the muscles in my throat and chest might feel tight and where my headache was will feel like it's burning.....ummm who would ever want that?!?! anyway they had me stay at the doctors and rest for an hour and a half to see how i felt when i woke up. oh man i wanted to die! that stuff freaked me out so much and i was scared out of my mind cause i didn't know what was happening! I really don't like when doctors downplay stuff and the nurse pinched me when she gave me the shot which i hate! anyway i felt better when i woke up but now i feel the same but my headache just moved and isn't as painful. I am a walking tragedy! Seriously haha On sunday i was in the mtc choir which was awesome! we were singing where can i turn for peace and we really talked about what the words mean and compared it to when christ was walking on water and peter jumped out to go to him. SO GREAT! Notice in that story that peter asks if it be His will that he should come unto Christ. man it is great and then in the song when it talks about he reaches my reaching. Christ didn't put out His hand a little bit and say okay reach really far! you're almost there! he scooped him out of the water. In D and C 122:8-9 it says the son of man has descended below all things, art thou greater than he? No matter how low we get in life Christ can and will lift us up. Goodness this is coming to be one of my favorite bible stories and church songs! Now I just need to learn the song in spanish! It has definitely started to get colder here and it was freezing this morning walking to the temple! The temple is awesome as usual and we always eat breakfast there! It's like thanksgiving and we all look forward to it so much! wow, sorry if that doesn't make sense ha hopefully you got something spiritual out of it though! I will try and remember to send pictures next week though:) Life is great and the church is true! Christ is our Savior and loves us so much, I hope you all are trying to strengthen your relationship with him and he will help make your burdens light! I LOVE the gospel!! Lo es el mejor!

2 comments:

  1. The most exciting thing happened today when I logged in to check my email for Emily's weekly letter...Emily was online at the same time!! We were able to email each other back and forth in real time!! It was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you inspired us to go to the temple this week. Thanks for your example, and yes we looked for you!

    ReplyDelete