Tuesday, October 30, 2012

General Conference

hahaha please don't ever say the subject cause it's incorrect haha It's just an inside joke in our district. So this week has been awesome! General Conference was awesome but I already sent a letter home about that so hopefully you got it. For the devotional on tuesday Elder Bednar came! So cool to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord! I felt the spirit so strong especially when he bore his testimony at the end. Super powerful! He talked about the importance of general conference and studying the words of the prophets! He told us the way he studied and said his ensigns with the general conference talks are all marked up and "ripped up." He is a super humble man and said he needed to study the words of the prophets as much as anyone else does. He looks for the doctrine, the invitations, and the blessings in each talk and then combines them all to see what the pattern is. Super cool! I have been reading more talks lately and it has definitely helped me grow spiritually. Oh yeah he also said something way powerful about how not knowing what the prophets say is the same as not believing! Yeah we should definitely study the words of the prophets.. A cool experience that I had this week was teaching our investigator pepe yesterday. So my companion and I had our lesson planned out about what we wanted to teach him (enduring to the end) and the night before (tuesday night) i had a dream where my teacher told me specifically to NOT teach pepe "enduring to the end." What? Crazy! So I told hma smith after breakfast so we basically had about 5 minutes before we had to go teach and we had absolutely no idea what we were going to teach. All we knew was we were going to ask him how the reading was that we gave him in the book of mormon and his favorite part.. So we go in to teach him and start with that and asked him if he had any questions and what he was thinking. We ended up finding one of his concerns which was super good and gave us a little direction. It is really hard for me to listen to what my companion is saying and to what pepe is saying when i have no clue what i am saying next but i did my best to just listen. Whenever it came to being my turn I still had no idea what i was going to say but I opened my mouth anyway and somehow something always came out!! D and C 84:85 really works! I can't tell you anything that I said in that lesson but it went super well! My teacher also gave us feedback to teach from the scriptures more and all we did was use the scriptures in that lesson and surprisingly most of what pepe needed to address his concern was in the chapter we gave him! SO GOOD! So I have stopped going to physical therapy because I feel like I am pretty much recovered from headaches! yay! Also it was soooo awesome! Scottie was in the mailroom today eating a subway sandwich and i was chatting with him for a minute. He totally let me eat half of his subway sandwich!!!!! Oh my goodness real food tastes sooo good! I love it! Scottie es el mejor! (scottie is the best) Random story, there is an elder in our district that gets bloody noses all the time so today hermana smith offered to give him some tampons to stop the bleeding.... I think she was kidding but then elder brummel said he would do it, so we gave him some and he did! He is super goofy and interesting haha but it's hilarious. Love you all! Hope you are doing good! Con amor, Hermana Stapley

2 comments: