Tuesday, October 30, 2012

She Made It!!

Well here I am in chile! Arriving here was a bit of a shock and i was scared out of my mind. The first day my trainer asked me how many people I wanted to contact like on the streets and I started crying because that seemed like the scariest thing ever! Then she said all I have to say is hola, como esta?.... Okay i can do that haha it has been a lot easier now and i am not so scared to say more but when people talk to me I have no idea what they are saying haha it´s funny because i am seriously the only white person with blonde hair and blue eyes here so i stand out a lot and a lot people look at me funny. My companion is from vegas and she is white too but she has dark hair and brown eyes so she doesn´t stick out as much as me. I am in a trio right now because the other sister stayed in order to hear elder bednar speak so she will be with us until thursday. She is from argentina and doesn´t speak inglish so it is hard for me to understand her. I will be with my trainer companion for 12 weeks and then I might have to train because there will be many new missionaries and we are already having to move mission homes so that missionaries from the us come directly to the mission home and stay there to learn spanish and do the training we did in the mtc. Hermana Reil is good friends with tim tanner and is from the same ward! How awesome is that! (I thought you would appreciate that dad) So when elder bednar came all the sisters got to sit in the front and I had a clear view of elder bednar and so he had a clear view of me.. since that was my second day I felt that I couldn´t do this and that there was no way that I could and then elder bednar started talking about ammon and when he got discouraged and felt depressed in his mission and how he didn´t give up. Well that made me start to cry a lot because it was an answer to my prayer and I felt so retarded because here i am crying and i am pretty sure elder bednar knew it was basically my first day cause he saw me at the aiport and I am just a mess haha oh well! Our meeting with elder bednar was also with the mission santiago east and that was where another district in my zone went and so i got to see some of those elders! It was comforting to know that they were still alive and were progressing in learning spanish. They are the best! My first area is called la rioja and this is why i had such a culture shock. I think our sector is the most ghetto sector in our mission. It´s more ghetto and poor than the ghettos in mesa. The houses are super super dirty and are not much at all. They don´t even look like houses, they look like shacks with a tin roof on top. There are a lot of drunks at night and they are kinda scary, like one would not let go of my hand and my companions had to pry his hand off me but i know that the lord is protecting us and i am definitely learning how to handle those kinds of people better. The ward is pretty small but they are super nice and they feed us really well! The food has been super good so far and i have never drank so much soda in my life! All they drink here is soda and juice but I would say more soda.. i really think i am going to get fat here! haha they feed us A LOT! my companion thinks that we are only going to be in this area for six weeks and then we will be transfered to another sector that is more safe and put elders here again. I´m kinda hoping that happens haha so yesterday I asked one of our investigators to be baptized! My first invitation! she said yes! yay! It is kinda scary to know that the lord has so much trust in us as missionaries and I am hoping that i can do my best to please the lord especially with the little sapnish i know and the little spanish i understand haha oh yeah so whenever we say hi and bye to girls we always kiss on the cheek and say chao! haha it´s awesome and still weird! here is my addres: Hermana Stapley Chile Santiago north mission sucrusal patronato casilla 60 santiago chile it´s the same address for boxes but don´t use fedex to send stuff (peanut butter or nutella would be super nice)

No comments:

Post a Comment