Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wow! So it has still been great here at the mtc! I am SOOOO excited for conference this weekend especially since saturday is our longest days at the mtc because in the afternoon we have three hours of class and then dinner for like 40 minutes and then after we have another 3 hours of class and it is the longest class ever! PERO this saturday everything is canceled for conference! yay! I invite you all this weekend to have a specific question that you have that is already answered and to see if the Lord wants you to do something else or something more. This totally works! At the devotional the other night one of the elders had a question already answered and if he heard "thy will" then he knew it was from god....well he pretty much heard that phrase a million times at the devotional! Crazy! i love it! It doesn't have to be exaclty like that though but just go with something and i promise your question or concern will answered! Yesterday I got to be host for the new sisters coming into the mtc and all we do is check them in, take them to their room, drop their luggage off, get their books and name badge, and take them to class. I didn't think I would be so tired after that but I was! It was awesome though because another one of the sisters that was hosting was a girl I met when I lived at Uncle mark's and aunt amy's and we became great friends! But then she went to London for a study abroad and I never knew what happened to her! It was so fun to see her again! Her name is Becca Smith and she is going to Korea! I love seeing people you know serving missions. I don't know if I have already said this but my district and i love to play sand volleyball! It's the best! We only play tuesdays and saturdays because that's when we have gym not at 630 in the morning haha My testimony has definitely grown of how much our Heavenly Father knows us personally and knows our concerns even when we don't tell him! In Moses 6:53 Adam asks god a question and the Lord answered a different question. Either Adam asked the wrong question or the lord gave the wrong answer. I think we all know that the Lord is always right and he knew what Adam wanted to ask but maybe he was too afraid to ask it and instead asked a more general question but you can interpret it however you'd like but that's what I thought. It's crazy how His hand is in every detail of our lives and I'm so grateful for that. I would for sure not be able to serve a mission without His help each day. I love how he is always there right when you start to get discouraged but the key is to immediately turn to him and he is right there waiting. This week has been difficult but even when I knew that the lord had answered my prayers (many prayers this week) it was still difficult to continue on but it definitely made it a lot easier to know the Lord is super aware of me and i know he is helping me. i hope that you all can have that same relationship with the Lord to know no matter what He is always there, even when life gets difficult. And to know without a shadow of a doubt how he will help you through hard times. 1 Nephi 3:7 the lord will give no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them. i know that as long as I am doing my best and keep praying to the lord that he will she me the way in which i can keep going and live in happiness and joy and love. LIFE IS GREAT. Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, He is the way. Mucho amor, Hermana Stapley ps. My guess for glenn is mexico! Let me know asap!

1 comment: